From the Cult: VP external interviews

The VP external does all things external advocacy for the AMS. Sure, Ubyssey News has all the cold, hard facts — but did they ask candidates if they like pineapple on pizza? What about which word they start with on Wordle? What about their favourite podcasts? I think not. I asked the VP external candidates to answer some questions to check their vibe.

James Cabangon

Are you for or against pineapple on pizza?

Pineapple on pizza is a very, very tough issue to talk about amongst my friends. However, I've recently been swayed by one of my roommates who's talked to me about how if you don't like pineapple on pizza, your taste buds haven't matured. So, you know what, I think I'm for it. I call myself a pizza connoisseur.

What is your favourite podcast?

I'm not a passionate podcast guy. However, a lot of my friends will say that my favourite podcast to listen to is probably Call Her Daddy. I think it has a lot of perspective. I also just think it's awesome.

Best spot to cry on campus?

Definitely at IKB. At least you can find some other people crying with you and you can hang out and cry together.

What word do you start with on Wordle?

‘Irate.’ I-R-A-T-E. Good vowels, good way to start the game off. You get a couple of them knocked out of the park and you can get it done in three.

Who is your favourite UBC celebrity?

Santa Ono 100 per cent ... I’ve never seen someone rock a bowtie like that before.

Erin Co

Completely against. I think people who do like pineapple on pizza should be jailed or kicked out of UBC. All the punishments, basically.

What is your favourite podcast?

I really like Emma Chamberlain's podcast. It's called Anything Goes with Emma Chamberlain. I think she kind of speaks to thoughts in my mind. I feel like such an ‘it girl’ when I listen to her.

Best spot to cry on campus?

[There are] way too many. If anyone's seen me after my midterms or finals, they know that I'm not very strategic about it…. I like crying in the library because I think no one really cares and if they do see you're kind of like, ‘Oh yeah, that's normal.’

What word do you start with on Wordle?

I did my research on the most strategic words to use, so I use ‘crate’ or ‘crane’ if I'm feeling spicy.

Who is your favourite UBC celebrity?

I was gonna say The Rat, but that might be too political… But since that's the question, I would like to say the bird that hangs around the fountain because I think if I don't say it I have a fear that birds will peck out my eyes. I'm just gonna respect [the birds] and keep my distance and admire from afar.

Sanchay Jain

Against pineapple on pizza. Pineapple just makes the taste bitter and I don't like pizza with pineapple. I'll pay for pizza with ranch.

What is your favourite podcast?

My favourite podcast is On Purpose. It is by Jay Shetty, he's a motivational speaker.

Best spot to cry on campus?

My best spot to cry is the Sauder building because I usually cry when I get bad grades.

What word do you start with on Wordle?

[Any word] that starts with an ‘S’ because it’s the starting initial of my name.

Who is your favourite UBC celebrity?

I’ll go with Saad [Shoaib] because I really admire him and his personality is fantastic.

From the Cult is The Ubyssey’s unofficial AMS Election coverage. For official elections coverage, visit the news section and follow us @UbysseyNews on Twitter.