What would you do for a Blue Chip cookie?

The Blue Chip cookie is well-known across campus and is a topic of division: some see it as UBC’s best baked good, while others would rather save their money.

Of course, to start, one must ask what a cookie actually is.

A quick search on Wikipedia defines it as “a baked or cooked food that is typically small, flat and sweet.” Unfortunately, this definition misses the transcendent experience of getting such an intense sugar rush that you feel higher than the time you snorted something you found in one of the LIFE building’s bathrooms when you needed to feel something. Regardless, Wikipedia confirms that as far as I can tell the Blue Chip cookie is, indeed, a cookie.

A weightier question to ponder is if it is even worthwhile to debate the ethics of action in relation to such a foodstuff, considering the range of answers that might be provided and the subjectability of commitment from the student body?

Here, while it certainly is a tough question, I aim to tackle it nonetheless in order to uphold this paper’s reputation as a wholly objective, absolutely unbiased outlet on Blue Chip cookies.

Granted, another course of logic must be taken into account — that one AMS-produced pastry may garner more loyalty than another due to a variety of factors, including (but not limited to) freshness, flavour and complete loss of taste due to drinking the subpar bubble tea from Ph Tea two years ago. Worry not, for all of these variables have been considered for copious lengths of time before this article was crafted.

Thus, we move into the million-dollar question of the most devout: what would you do for a Blue Chip cookie?

Pay $2.60

Maybe with tip.