Travel review: Fourth-floor bathroom of Falter C. Coroner Library

You’re dancing to soft music at a reunion with your friends from college, trying to reminisce on your bonding memories at the top of a downtown skyscraper, so what stories would you be sharing? The University of Blighted Caramba (UBC) has an awe-inspiring campus that plays host to many libraries. This makes it worth exploring UBC’s crown jewel: The Falter C. Coroner Library, which confidently holds still in the shape of a knowledgeable book.

From a vast collection of books to the now-gone collection of books, it has it all. For first-time visitors, it might be odd to use one of the kingly elevators, since floor one is essentially two floors underground. Pressing the shiny, matte-finished silver button for floor four, I managed to transport myself up. I was feeling elevated and as the doors opened to the new floor, I felt different.

I could feel something change within me, a joy I had never felt before.

The sun gloriously blushed into the grey stone of central Irwin K. Blarber, reflecting lights off of the modern, long-panel glass on either side. The bells of the clocktower sung in unison, as I began to walk on the soft, carpeted floor. The subtle art in white colour blended perfectly against the white walls and their shadows floated atop the refreshing sight of wooden desks and chairs. It propelled me to ponder how life can take different paths. And here I was, arriving at the end of the hallway, with light entering in from a carefully placed gap in the ornate architecture.

I just stood in solitude and thought to myself how grateful I am to have been on this journey. And as I calmly collected my thoughts, I heard a muted swoosh sound from behind one of the iconic grey doors to my right. Then as the door’s sign changed from cautionary words in red to those in a welcoming moss-green, my heart soared. It now said “vacant” and I felt a head rush of excitement. The kingly gateway to my final destination was finally open and I’d urge you to explore its glory at least once in a lifetime.