Farmers and flea markets to visit now that Spring has sprung

Spring officially sprung in Vancouver last week — even if the weather doesn’t seem to agree. Fresh foods and unique fashions will make an appearance as the warmer temperatures and sunnier evenings come our way.

Regardless of sun or showers though, here are a few cool markets you must check out to embrace the beginning of this new season.

Hastings Park Farmer’s Market

Every Sunday until April 29, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

This farmers market is available every Sunday at the PNE Fairgrounds. Its recently expanded vendors include more local organic vegetables and mouth-watering artisan cheeses and breads.

The market offers free parking, bike racks and readily available ATM machines for those who always forget cash. Let Sunday dinner come together itself!

Nat Bailey Farmers Market

Every Saturday until April 21, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Don’t wait till the traditional Sunday morning to explore local Vancouver vendors. Take advantage of this exceptional farmers market to kick off your weekend.

Currently the largest winter market, these farm to table goods will be sure to spice up your Saturday adventures. Compromised of 70+ vendors, this event is huge to the local community and offers exotic spices, locally-brewed craft alcohols and fresh caught fish.

Granville Island Market

Every day, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.

The Granville Island Public Market is always filled with the freshest foods and handcrafted goods, every day of the year. The distinctive market environment is filled with quirky colored buildings and outdoor seats for hourless viewing of the Fraser River and Downtown skyline.

The market projects happy vibes while customers are free to watch bagels being tossed out of stone ovens and hear local guitarists play new songs. A visit here is sure to make your stomach rumble for the natural goods Vancouver has to offer.

EastSide Flea Market

Biweekly, March 24–26 till May 19–21, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.

If food isn’t your forte or you’re simply culinarily challenged, check out the other realm of Vancouver spring markets. This flea market centralizes on the clothing and handmade crafts created by the locals. Second-hand goods are made with love and care, and a beaded accessory can really make an outfit pop.

Break away from the norm and showcase your unique style with handmade wool sweaters, stone bracelets and a funky new hat.

Nifty for Fifty

April 15, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Heritage Hall, Main Street

The most designer labels in one place, under the tight price cap of $50. This event can’t get better and only happens once a year! Expand your pre-summer wardrobe or advance your knowledge of the inspiring design world.

All clothing, jewelry, bags and shoes are created by Vancouver designers. The small entrance fee of $2 allows anyone access to this event but it is a cash-only event. Grab a group of friends and get a head start on new spring fashion trends.