VPD renews appeal for information about missing family member of UBC alumni

The VPD reissued a call for information about Irshaad Ikbal. The 36-year old was last seen around 2am on Saturday, April 29 near Plaza of Nations on Pacific Boulevard in Downtown Vancouver.

Irshaad is South Asian, 5’8” and 155 pounds, with a medium build. He has short black hair, hazel eyes, and a black beard. He was wearing a white button-down shirt with a pink and blue pattern, light blue and ripped denim jeans, and white high-top Converse shoes, according to the VPD release.

In a statement shared to The Ubyssey by Ikbal’s relative and UBC alum Fouziah Khairati, his family wrote that they are “deeply concerned” about his well-being and are offering a cash reward for anyone with information

Our family is deeply concerned about Irshaad, as it is not in his character to disappear on his loved ones or not speak to anyone for such a long period of time. Irshaad is a kind hearted individual, and is often described as an outgoing and adventurous person. He knows how to make anyone smile and is a wonderful son, brother, and uncle. Our family cannot be complete without Irshaad’s heart of gold, caring nature, and contagious smile.”

Ikbal’s family are asking anyone with information to reach out to the VPD. The VPD’s missing persons unit can be reached at 604-717-2530.