Meet your candidates for the Ubyssey Publications Society Board of Directors

Students can vote to fill two seats on the Ubyssey Publications Society Board of Directors in this year's AMS elections.

The Ubyssey Publications Society Board of Directors oversees the business and financial side of The Ubyssey. Board members have no say over editorial decisions at the paper. The Board has five elected students-at-large, but this year, only two seats are up for grabs. Current Board members Jalen Bachra, Milada Dzevitski and Leili Hamidi have chosen to sit on the Board for a second year, as permitted under The Ubyssey's bylaws.

Voting is open from now until Friday at the AMS voting website. Here are your candidates.

Emmanuel Cantiller

Why are you running for the Ubyssey Publications Society Board of Directors?

Hello! My name is Emmanuel Cantiller (he/him/his) and I am running for the Ubyssey Board of Directors because I have always been focused and passionate in making institutional change to positively impact people. If elected to the Board, I will commit myself to: expand the Ubyssey Scholarship Program to Lower Mainland School Districts (Burnaby, Richmond, Coquitlam, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, New Westminster), support the continuation of transparency regarding financial updates and Ubyssey Board meeting minutes, support the recently approved five-year strategic business plans and expand aspects of equity, diversity and inclusion on the Board of Directors.

What do you see as the relationship between the Ubyssey Publications Society Board of Directors and The Ubyssey editorial?

I see the relationship between the Ubyssey Publications Society Board of Directors and The Ubyssey editorial as a respectful and distant partnership: one that collaborates with one another toward a common purpose or goal if needed and where applicable, but understanding that responsibilities within our respective jurisdictions have boundaries.

Harman Khosa

Khosa did not respond to request for comment by press time.

What do you see as the relationship between the Ubyssey Publications Society Board of Directors and the The Ubyssey editorial?