Classes are online for now. Here’s what’s open on campus

The majority of UBC classes will be held online until Monday, February 7. Nonetheless, UBC said in a broadcast email that student services and most facilities on campus will remain open as usual.

So what exactly is changing? Here’s a brief picture of what campus will look like for the next four weeks.

What’s open?

The AMS Nest will remain open and operate under regular hours, from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. on weekends.

Most food outlets in the AMS Nest are open for business, including:

• Blue Chip Cafe, daily 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
  • INS Market, daily 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
  • Thirstyyy Convenience Store, daily 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
  • The Gallery, weekdays 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
  • The Delly, weekdays 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
  • Soup Market, weekdays 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
  • Grocery Checkout, Monday to Thursday 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., Friday 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m., weekends 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.

The AMS Food Bank is open in-person starting January 13, running from Monday to Thursday 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. AMS Safewalk is available from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. The AMS Sexual Assault Support Centre is currently providing both online and in-person appointments, as usual.

The UBC Life Building is open to students from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays and 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. on weekends. The Subway and Starbucks outlets in Life are also open, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.

All library branches on campus are open and operating at regular hours.

What’s changed?

AMS’s services e-Hub and Advocacy are taking online appointments only. All indoor events and bookings at the Nest are canceled until further notice.

A number of food outlets on campus are closed currently. Almost all of these are currently scheduled to reopen on January 24, with the exception of a few, which have been marked:

• The Grand Noodle Emporium, AMS Nest
  • Honour Roll, AMS Nest
  • Teadot, AMS Nest, *January 18
  • Sprouts Cafe, Life Building
  • Booster Juice, Life Building
  • Pacific Poke, both locations
  • Bento Sushi, David Lam
  • Tim Hortons, David Lam
  • Triple O’s, David Lam, *January 22
  • Starbucks, Fred Kaiser
  • Starbucks, UBC Bookstore
  • Fooood Cafe, all locations
  • Perugia Cafe
  • Law Cafe
  • Stir It Up Cafe
  • Ike’s Cafe

The Student Recreation Centre also has additional restrictions in place. All intramural sports events for January are cancelled, and sports leagues will be delayed. Drop-in sports are open for now, but advanced online registration is required.

Birdcoop Fitness Centre and the ARC will be closed until at least January 18, in accordance with provincial guidelines regarding gyms and fitness centres.

Where can I find more information?

The AMS has posted on its official instagram page with updates on AMS Student Services and the AMS Nest. More information on AMS services can also be found on this website.

Business hours and openings for food outlets can be found on the UBC food services website.