What your outfit is based on your major

Ever wondered what your outfit should be based on your major? Well, The Ubyssey has got you covered (and clothed).

Sauder

You walk into class looking like you’re on your way to close a million dollar contract. That's totally normal and so is wearing business pants with a button-down and a blazer every single day. Being in Sauder requires stocking up on all your business casuals, almost as much as it requires actual stocks!

Your clothes are mostly neutrals. You don’t like digressing from your colour scheme too much. After all, that’s how you impress your employers when 500 of you are competing for the same internships. Your accessory is your inflated ego from being in Sauder (kidding...) and you take that with you everywhere.

Computer science

We're in university — which means the computer science kids are the cool ones now. They’re also too cool to care about what they’re going to wear every day. Watch them pull up to class in all black or sweats.

Your accessory is all your tech. You probably own a brand of headphones that does the same job as regular headphones but us normal, non-comp sci people don’t know about it because we’re not tech-y enough. Computer science students are just not like other girls.

Engineering

You don’t need a fit. You spend all your time studying and crying in your room anyways. Good luck, though! Xoxo. It’ll be worth it when you can eventually stock up your closet with Gucci when you graduate. All while you make us cool bridges and other stuff (what's an engineer?) with your big brains.

Psychology

One word: Aritzia.

You literally learn about the psychology behind excessive consumerism every day in class but you'll still go out and buy things you don’t need. I guess even psych students can’t be saved from good old priming and peer pressure.

Art history

You’re cool, you shop at Urban Outfitters. You probably own a pair of fun printed pants. You always end up having the most unique looking closet compared to your friends because of all your thrifted finds.

Your outfit is giving: ”I'm a weird. I'm a weirdo. I don’t fit in, and I don’t WANT to fit in.”

Science

(Any science, they’re all the same.)

If you’re one of those pre-med students: You want to change the world, want to help people, make a difference... oop look at the time! You’re late for your next lab already. Just throw on that UBC hoodie for the third time this week. It’s okay, I’m sure no one noticed.

Kinesiology

Lululemon (you all saw this one coming).

You probably own a pair of Nike running shoes, but not actually for workout purposes. They're reserved for the aesthetic. Your accessory is the matcha that you pretend to like.

English literature

You serve old legend (in a hip, cool, Pinterest way). Your casual weekday outfit usually has a vintage turtleneck, pleated skirt, collar shirts or sweater vest. It's old academia. How else are you supposed to make super educated arguments with super complicated words that no one uses in their daily lives in order to look like you’re smarter than everyone else in the room? You have to be dressed for the vibe. The vibe being dressing like a 68-year-old professor who hasn’t updated their wardrobe in 68 years.