Sex issue: Andrew Lai on the advantages of being a virgin

Great icebreaker topic when meeting new people.

When initiating conversations with new people, it is difficult to steer the course of the conversation to one that is meaningful and engaging. Being a virgin allows you bring the topic up to the new person, and upon learning you are one they will gain a positive impression of you. A typical conversation may go like this:

You:

So what’s up?

Them:

Nothing much, what about you?

You:

Same, ummmmmmm.

You notice at this point when you would normally be struck with a sense of awkwardness out of not thinking of other topics, play your virginity trump card.

You:

Did you know I’m a virgin?

Them:

WOW I instantly have a great impression about you, I know that you are honest, resilient, humble and you do not give into your primal desires. I want to be your friend.

This is just one of many scenarios in which a conversation can swing into your favour, whilst only being possible if you are a virgin.

Employment opportunities in the olive oil industry

A great trade secret in the production of virgin olive oil involves the blessings of those in our societies who have achieved the highest levels of virginity. Olive oil has a high amount of unsaturated fats, a fat that has been scientifically proven to be sort of good for you. The procurers of such olive oil must make sure that they themselves have not been saturated with other vices and human body parts.

Saving the first time for somebody special

With virginity being such a prized possession belonging to every one of us initially, it is a shame to give it up prematurely when one isn’t ready. To ensure the good interests that a partner would have, one should wait till such a partner exists within the same family before engaging in sexual activity.

Rejection of hookup culture

Many people, especially college students, are obsessed with the culture of hooking up. These individuals often spend great lengths of their day trying to perfect their hanging techniques, and researching on better clothes hangers to use. Without engaging in such activities, a virgin would have much more time to pursue on more meaningful and enjoyable task such as brushing teeth or painting toenails.

Reduced infection rate of ‘babies’

Rabies causes much suffering and death among humans. A much more prevalent disease: ‘babies’, is a direct result of engaging in sexual activity. Symptoms may include nausea, abdominal swelling, vomiting and fatigue, among many other ailments that may inhibit one’s ability to continue the lives they were accustomed to.

Saving money on condominiums

In order to have safe sex, people require condominiums to reduce the risks associated. Given that housing prices have risen at a rate faster than incomes, many people may find themselves unable to afford or spending too high of a proportion of their income on condominiums. When one is a virgin without the need to have sex, a great amount of money can be saved by avoiding this necessity.