Zhi Wen Teh

Latest articles from Zhi Wen Teh

GroceryStorePoem-CatHarttTowle

At the Supermarket You don’t see peanuts plucked out of the ground

graphic_design_is_my_passion.jpg

Instead of rating these posters on how good the designs are, I’ll instead be giving these posters a vibe-check. Because that’s what the cool kids do right? I went hunting down for every single campaign’s Facebook events page and checked their vibes so you don’t have to.

blog_lover_relationship_liz.jpg

Submitting a UBC Crush is perfect for all of us who long to date someone whilst being complete cowards at the same time. I have had at least four posts published on the page, with plenty more that went unpublished (and that was probably for the best), which means I am perfectly qualified to give advice on how to write the perfect UBC Crushes post.

Lua Presidio Durian Fruit Creative NonFiction Family... whatever that means

In 1989, a whale was discovered calling at a frequency of 52 hertz. No other whales with the same migration patterns shared the same frequency.

20191115_trans_memorial_cover_liz.jpg

Death is a heavy topic that all of us would rather not think about. So how do we celebrate a day dedicated to remembering violence and death in our community? For many, Trans Day of Remembrance is solemn day. A day to think on the friends and family they have lost, the ways the system has let us down.

The Things They Did Not Tell Her

My brother was born in 1994. My dad decided to name him ‘智铭’ (Zhiming), meaning ‘knowledge engraved.’ Five years later they had me, their youngest daughter. They named me ‘智文’ (Zhiwen), meaning ‘knowledge in literature.’ My dad sometimes used to accidentally call me by my brother’s name. He also stumbled with English pronouns, mixing up the ‘he’s and ‘her’s.

Page 1 of 1