PSA: Nominations for AMS Elections open January 10

It's the most wonderful time of the year — nominations for the annual AMS Elections open tomorrow, January 10.

Each year, AMS Elections allow students to serve one-year terms on the AMS executive team, the Board of Governors (BoG), the Senate and the Student Legal Fund Society (SLFS).

Any UBC student can nominate themselves for these positions — you just need to declare yourself and the position you’re running for to the AMS Elections Committee and submit a nomination form signed by yourself and 25 UBC students who would like to nominate you, as per Section IX (9), Article 2 of AMS Code. The nomination form opens tomorrow. Physical nomination forms will be available on the third floor of the AMS Nest at the AMS offices.

Voting times vary by race, but the ballot can be found here when voting opens in March.

Here’s a rundown on what this year’s elections will look like.

AMS executives, Student Legal Fund Society (SLFS) directors, Ubyssey Board of Directors

Nominations: January 10 to February 17 at 12 p.m.

Campaigning: February 27 to March 10 at 4 p.m.

Voting: March 6 to March 10 at 4 p.m.

Board of Governors members and senators at-large

Nominations: January 10 to February 10 at 12 p.m.

Voting: March 6 to March 10 at 4 p.m.

Faculty student senators

One faculty student senator is elected to represent their faculty. Students can only vote in their faculty’s Senate election through AMS Elections. This differs from senators at-large who represent students, regardless of faculty, on the UBC Vancouver Senate.

Campaigning: February 27 to March 17 at 4 p.m.

Voting: March 13 to March 17 at 4 p.m.

Happy elections season!

The Ubyssey Publications Society Board of Directors has no say over The Ubyssey’s editorial operations.