The lineup for Block Party 2020 is out

Now that reading break is done, there is only one thing to look forward to: Block Party. Well the gods must be smiling down upon us because the announced lineup seems like it will be a lit time.

Headlining the April 8 event will be blackbear, an R&B singer, songwriter and producer — though on Facebook, his genre is just “vibe.” He is best known for his song “Chateau,” you’ve probably heard it at a frat party.

Joining blackbear in the lineup is producer RL Grime. The California performer is known for his remixes.

Not only is this an international star-studded affair, Block Party will also be featuring some local talents. Adding to the local voices of the event, Vancouver rapper and R&B duo MANILA GREY will be at the coolest party on the block.

There will also be a set by DJ Crooksy. According to Facebook, he is the resident of Browns Socialhouse in North Vancouver.

The promotional poster also promises to have “UBC Artist” performing, which we assumed is a placeholder name and not some meta statement.

If you are enticed by this list, tickets are still available.

Tickets are currently at tier 4 prices, so $40 each. You’ll need two pieces of government ID to get in. As the event happens on LDOC, drink responsibly — you don’t want to suffer the embarrassment of having blackbear watching you be dragged out by security.