Holiday events in and around Vancouver

It’s the holiday season! How do I know? The Main Mall fairy lights are on and so is public transit heating.

We also know because of all of the fun and exciting and snowy and Hallmark-ian events happening around town. Check them out below!

Eastside Flea Holiday Market

If you want to truly feel like a Vancouverite, this is the place for you! Eastside Flea abounds with food trucks, apple cider, local handmade goods, vintage clothing and artisanal eats. This year, the market will be happening three weekends in a row: December 4–5, 11–12 and 18–19, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Holiday Crafty Affaire at the Croatian Cultural Centre

On December 4 and 5, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., visit the Croatian Cultural Centre to peruse local handmade goods. Admission is by donation. The first 25 customers of the day will receive swag bags — so arrive early to make sure you’re one of them!

Holiday bake sale with jo passed, kamikaze nurse, yep and live band karaoke

YEP, a Vancouver based music group, is hosting their second biennial holiday bake sale on December 4 at 8 p.m., at Red Gate Arts Society. The evening will feature live music, live band karaoke, baked goods and hot cider! All funds from the door and the bake sale will be donated in support of the Gidimt'en Checkpoint.

Vancouver Christmas Market

Vancouver’s biggest Christmas Market has returned to Jack Poole Plaza (Olympic Cauldron)! Take in the lights, ride the Christmas carousel and enjoy the semi-authentic, German-inspired Christmas market experience. From November 19 to December 23, the market will be open from 11:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., and on Christmas Eve from 11:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Tickets are $15.

Festival of Lights 2021

Bundle for the Festival of Lights at VanDusen Botanical Garden. Sure, the Gardens are beautiful in full bloom, but with over one million lights decorating the 15 acres of the Garden, they show visitors that the Gardens are truly something to be enjoyed year round! The Festival will run from November 26 to January 3. Visit their website for tickets and more details.

Skating at Robson Square

The Robson Square Skating Rink will reopen on Thursday, December 2 for the 2020/21 season! From December 13 to 24, there will be live music performances as part of the 12 Days of Christmas programming. Open Sunday to Thursday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Friday and Saturday between 9 a.m. and 11 p.m., rent skates for $5 and feel like that one scene in Charlie Brown’s Christmas to your heart’s content.

Vancouver’s Bright Nights at Stanley Park

Bright Nights is an affordable and family-friendly event that runs from November 26 until January 2. You’ll see millions of sparkling festive lights, and maybe a coyote or two, if you’re lucky.

Happy holiday-ing!