For some students, there’s a certain song that brings them back to their childhood and their family. For others, a song can encapsulate their complex feelings better than words ever could.
Latest articles from Hilary Leung
“I had gone through a dark year and I would use art to cope with it,” she confessed. “It made me feel lighter when I felt really grey and it made me find a way to express myself when I couldn’t find the words to do it.”
Strangers you pass down Main Mall, the individual who sits next to you in class, people you stand amongst in a crowded bus or the friends you’ve supposedly known since first year — each person carries their own, unique narrative and many stories go untold.
There is a certain charm to campus with its high towers, ivy-covered buildings and tree-lined streets that make directors and producers flock to the university. According to Chan, the more popular locations to shoot are Main Mall, Cecil Green College, Thunderbird Stadium and the Chan Centre for the Performing Arts.
“At a community radio station like CiTR, we’re super open to lots of different types of shows, and we want to promote people’s weird ideas ... that’s really different and maybe more marginalized in commercial radio.”
When you walk into the Student Life Building, the words “Make ‘Em Look” emblazoned on the walls immediately catch your eye.
An atmosphere of unease and anxiety permeates every facet of Hidden, which leads a small audience of 13 people around UBC Botanical Gardens, with the only light source coming from their flashlights to guide them.
After three years of hard work, Director Alexander Lasheras will finally see his debut film “Cadence” at this year’s VIFF. After three years of hard work, Director Alexander Lasheras will finally see his debut film “Cadence” at this year’s VIFF.
“Both characters I’d say have some sort of thing they’re missing, that they’re looking for in the other person. That’s something we can all relate to. Trying to fill the void in our life with other people and with what other people have.”
The Vancouver Mural Festival (VMF) will partner up with the Burrard Arts Foundation (BAF) for the first time ever. Over 30 artists, 90% of which are local while the other 10% are international, hailing from France, Germany, Brazil