Friday, November 28, 2014

Letter: A modest proposal for Tim Horton’s customers in the Forestry building

Suggestion to Tim Hortons’ (Forestry) customers

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have seen a good four metre of line-up out the door at the Tim Hortons located in the Faculty of Forestry. I know it will take at least 10-15 minutes lining up before you get to order and another 5-10 minutes of waiting for your food, especially if you order sandwiches. I am not going to suggest that you cook and bring your own lunch or bring your coffee in a thermos to keep it hot. I am sure you have considered these measures and found them not applicable to you.

Regardless, I would like to offer a practical solution. Half of the people in the line usually come from the same class. As noticed, the line-up usually extends unbelievably after every class break. Why not take a pre-order amongst the class-member the day before and place the order to Tim Hortons’ management? For example, we need 24 doughnuts of such and such variety and this many cups of coffee at 10 a.m. Though I am quite sure the management will likely offer the take-10. But you, as a class, will be able to work it out. Then there may be deposit involved but this too can be worked out as a class. It will save your time and the service will be better. I don’t think the management will mind if the order includes a soup combo or what not. Give it a try and see if you like this way better.

Siti Hazneza Abdul Hamid