Candidates announced for 2015 AMS Elections

The candidates for this year's AMS elections have been confirmed.

Science student Senator Aaron Bailey, UBC Feminist Club President Cheneil Antony-Hale and Vancouver School of Economics Undergraduate Society President Viet Vu running under the name of "V" are contending for the top spot of President.

AUS President Jenna Omassi is running unopposed for VP Academic and University Affairs.

Incumbent Ava Nasiri, Human Resources Director for the UBC Student Leadership Conference Alexander Remtulla and James Jing are running for VP Administration.

The race for VP External is shared by Student Legal Fund Society President Janzen Lee and Associate VP External Jude Crasta.

Current VP Finance Mateusz Miadlikowski is squaring off against CUS VP Student Engagement William Pigott this year for the VP Finance spot.

Julie Van de Valk, Tanner Bokor and Veronica Knott are running for two spots on the Board of Governors.

Incumbents Aaron Bailey and Eric Zhao, Gurvir Sangha, Hannah Xiao, Ian Sapollnik, Jenna Omassi, Margareta Dovgal, Marjan Hatai and Viet Vu are running for five UBC Senate spots.

The Student Legal Fund Society race has two slates this year. Carol Dou, Jude Crasta, Kathleen Simpson, Ron Gorodetsky, Bahareh Jokar and Tanner Bokor are running as the Students for Accountability slate. Cameron Sharpe, Janzen Lee, Julius Foo, Lama Al-Awawdeh and Nathan Ho are running as the Students For Responsible Leadership.

Voting will begin on March 9 and run until March 13.

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this article only listed Aaron Bailey and Anne Kessler as UBC Senate incumbents. In fact, Aaron Bailey, Anne Kessler, Daniel Munro and Eric Zhao are all incumbents. The Ubyssey regrets this error.

UPDATES: Tanner Bokor withdrew from the presidential race on February 26, 2015.

Chris Roach withdrew from the Board of Governors race on February 18, 2015. Harsev Oshan withdrew on February 25, 2015 and Rohan Nuttall withdrew on February 26, 2015.

Daniel Munro withdrew from the Senate race on February 24, 2015. Niloufar Keshmiri and Anne Kessler have also withdrawn.

Marjan Hatai withdrew from the VP External race on February 25, 2015

Michael Northfield withdrew from the SLFS race on March 8, 2015.