BVP brings festival life to campus with Goosehunt

Goosehunt, Blank Vinyl Project (BVP)'s signature and annual year-end event, is bringing together the campus' musical community with 17 acts, six genres and a barbecue.

On April 4 from 6 p.m. to midnight, the Blank Vinyl Project hopes to bring together the campus community at Koerner's Pub with local talent in the genres of indie, folk, acoustic, rock, R&B and rap.

"It's great to expose their members to what we do, what we could provide them with, and having communities come together because that's what BVP is all about," said Cheralyn Chok, Blank Vinyl Project's campus outreach coordinator.

The annual event was previously named Goosehunt but the origins of that title cannot be traced. "We were wondering if we should keep the name Goosehunt because it's like 'what is Goosehunt,'" said Chok. "It just happened."

This year's theme is Woodstock referring to the Woodstock Music and Art Fair that was originally held in 1969. Associated with Woodstock is a hippie theme including tie-dye, shorts, denim, flower pants, flower crowns and anything else that fits that stereotype.

"Music festivals in and around Vancouver are becoming bigger, like Squamish and Pemberton. We wanted to focus on that aspect so that's how we came up with the theme," said Chok.

Blank Vinyl Project also hosts open mic nights on Mondays and live music nights on Tuesdays. "Usually, we have one or two [artists], but [in] this one, we will be alternating between the main stage and the acoustic stage. Everyone will have the opportunity to listen to so many different genres and artists," said Chok.

Pulled from BVP's community, Saturday's acts include incoming AMS President Aaron Bailey, Tegan, Laydy Jams, the Peach Boys, Gert Taberner Carsi and many other local Vancouver and UBC talent. A full set list is posted on their Facebook page.

Additionally, Koerner's Pub will be hosting a barbecue alongside this event.

Goosehunt: Woodstock Edition will be opening doors at 6 p.m. with the first act set to begin at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are available at the door for $10, free for BVP members.