Wednesday, September 28, 2016
Last updated: 1 year ago

Mercedes SUV stuck on the stairs near IKB

Mercedes hasn't yet implemented flight capability into its vehicles. Photo Will McDonald / The Ubyssey

Mercedes hasn’t yet implemented flight capability into its vehicles. Photo Will McDonald / The Ubyssey

Newer-model Mercedes vehicles are loaded with all sorts of high-tech, futuristic gadgets. Unfortunately, hover capability isn’t one of them.

An unlucky driver either overestimated his SUV’s flight proficiency, or simply didn’t notice the stairs leading down toward IKB. It seems like, for whatever reason, stairs aren’t included in most cars’ “all-terrain” capabilities.

As of 11:00 a.m. the SUV was still stuck on the stairs, with driver, passengers and passers-by trying to help free it from its confines. They’re currently trying to jack the car onto some cinderblocks in an attempt to get it off the stairs.

Hopefully they’ll be able to sort out the situation soon, get to wherever they were going and file a claim for the damages. There’s little I wouldn’t give to hear the explanation they give to ICBC.

Check out the video of the group’s rescue attempts below:

Update: The SUV has since been removed from the stairs. The Ubyssey would like to congratulate the owners on their resourcefulness.

• 123456789

How did they get there in the first place? Actually, how did they even get a driver’s license??

• Rob

GPS was telling them how to get to Richmond

• Lionel Dylan Jensen
  • Bob Loblaw

When peasants become wealthy they are still idiots. WTF are they doing in this video? Jacking up the car and then….? Call a freaking town truck goobers.