24-hour joints in Vancouver to eat, study and play

Are you more of an early-bird-catches-the-worm type or night-owl type? Do you ever come across the problem of no coffee shops being open because you’re awake so early or no restaurants being open because you stayed up too late? Well, look no further my friends. Here is a compilation of 24-hour restaurants, coffee shops and study spots.

Lucy's Diner

['']
['']

Being my favourite in Vancouver, this place had to come first on my list. Lucy’s is your typical old-fashioned, cheeseburger-and-milkshake kind of diner that is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Located on Main Street, it’s just one bus ride away from campus and a great place to go hang out with friends.

The Naam 

['']
['']

Located close to campus, The Naam is less than a 15-minute bus ride to some delicious vegetarian food with happy hour and brunch on the weekends. The local art that hangs on the walls is for sale and adds to the cozy atmosphere. Like Lucy’s, The Naam is open 24/7 and they have just about everything on their menu — except meat — at very reasonable prices.

Breka Cafe

['']
['']

Breka Café has three locations around Vancouver, all of which never close! In addition to their freshly brewed coffee, they have pastries and cake to more than fill up your stomach.

Blenz

['']
[''] Photo courtesy Edward L.

While not every single Blenz location is open 24-hours, a lot of them around the city are. Blenz is one of the best non-library places for studying with endless coffee, comfy leather chairs and cookies for days. Seriously, have you tried the peanut butter cookie dipped in chocolate? Life changing.

Knight and Day

['']
[''] Sam Barrringer / The Ubyssey

They have all-day breakfast. Enough said.

Siegel's Bagels

['']
[''] Sam Barringer / The Ubyssey

Hands down the closest thing I've found to a Montreal-style bagel in Vancouver. This place smells like heaven and their bagels melt in your mouth. Everything you could ever imagine putting on a bagel, Siegel's has it.

Duffin's Donuts

['']
['']

To be honest, I haven’t actually been here, but I'm very fascinated by this place. They sell donuts, fried chicken and Vietnamese food? What?! What kind of paradise is this place? I’ll be visiting ASAP.